Northwest Community Hospital - The laboratory is staffed by smart, hard working people who I would trust with my own care. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northwest Community Hospital

"The laboratory is staffed by smart, hard working people who I would trust with my own care."

Current Employee - Medical Technologist
Current Employee - Medical Technologist

Pros

I feel that I work with good people who are trying to manifest quality patient outcome. I interact with all levels of the patient care team and am confident that I would be well taken care of if I were a patient. The lab is spacious, clean, and well supplied.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for career advancement. The LIS system is clumsy and needs desperately to by updated to a Windows based system.

Advice to Management

With so many people retiring in the next 3-7 years we need to remember to actively groom replacements and to embrace the innovations that are available, although that will require veterans of 20+ years to adapt to new systems.

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest Community Hospital

1. "Proud to Work for one of the nation's premier Magnet designated hospitals and one of Chicago's Top Workplaces."

Pros

We have a very talented and dedicated team of healthcare providers and the many who support and lead them. Employees have made NCH their home with opportunities to pursue their education in both clinical and non clinical careers, The collaboration between the medical staff and the nursing team is very strong. Our organizational culture is our "secret sauce"

Cons

The healthcare sector is faced with many challenges today and for the long term. Declining reimbursement for the services impacts our budget. However leadership remained committed to offering a strong benefits package in addition to our merit program.

Advice to Management

Continue open dialogue with employees across the organization to share news of our opportunities and challenges. We really appreciate hearing the stories patients write and talk about regarding their experience being in our care.

2. "It has been a good experience at the hospital and I would tell others."

Pros

Good people to work with, tuition reimbursement, good benefits and overall good managers and flexible. I have enjoyed working at the hospital and look forward to many more years there.

Cons

You really have to enjoy what you are doing because it can be very stressful and is very hard work.

Advice to Management

I think the fact that people don't get raises because they didn't badge in/out a couple times isn't important - it should be more important that you have exceptional employees.