Northwest Community Hospital - great experience | Glassdoor

"great experience"

Pros

great atmosphere, great people, great employer brand

Cons

there isn't really much to say, it's hard to get into the company.

Advice to Management

allow your employees to move up

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest Community Hospital

1. "The laboratory is staffed by smart, hard working people who I would trust with my own care."

Current Employee - Medical Technologist
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist

Pros

I feel that I work with good people who are trying to manifest quality patient outcome. I interact with all levels of the patient care team and am confident that I would be well taken care of if I were a patient. The lab is spacious, clean, and well supplied.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for career advancement. The LIS system is clumsy and needs desperately to by updated to a Windows based system.

Advice to Management

With so many people retiring in the next 3-7 years we need to remember to actively groom replacements and to embrace the innovations that are available, although that will require veterans of 20+ years to adapt to new systems.

2. "Proud to Work for one of the nation's premier Magnet designated hospitals and one of Chicago's Top Workplaces."

Pros

We have a very talented and dedicated team of healthcare providers and the many who support and lead them. Employees have made NCH their home with opportunities to pursue their education in both clinical and non clinical careers, The collaboration between the medical staff and the nursing team is very strong. Our organizational culture is our "secret sauce"

Cons

The healthcare sector is faced with many challenges today and for the long term. Declining reimbursement for the services impacts our budget. However leadership remained committed to offering a strong benefits package in addition to our merit program.

Advice to Management

Continue open dialogue with employees across the organization to share news of our opportunities and challenges. We really appreciate hearing the stories patients write and talk about regarding their experience being in our care.