Northwest Farm Credit Services - Good training at HQ, hidden politics within the organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northwest Farm Credit Services

"Good training at HQ, hidden politics within the organization"

Former Employee - Loan Officer
Former Employee - Loan Officer

Pros

Employees are nice but hidden politics still exist.

Cons

Long hours not required but it really is. Looking at farmers records in shoe boxes. Must become proficient in reading tax returns(large part of the job). Policies and Procedures are not complete and do not instruct how to get the job done. Don't ask questions, it will be a sign of incompetence. Farming background is required don't be fooled by preferred. No upward communication, all communication comes from management. Just do your work

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest Farm Credit Services

1. "Best career decision, impactful life decision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several companies and this, by a wide margin, is the best for four reasons:

1. Purposeful: the company has a clear plan and follows it

2. High-Performing Industry Leader: the company is profitable/successful, and is one of the national leaders in the industry in a variety of ways

3. Conscious: the company cares about it's people and this comes through in policies, benefits, wellness, training programs, etc.

4. Aligned: the purpose, promise, and values of the company, employees and customers are largely in alignment which makes work meaningful and effective - there is a flow to it.

The outcome of these four points make work fun and have positively impacted most other areas of my life as I now look forward to work each day. Bottom line for me: I'm a healthier person because of working here.

Cons

There are of course one-off exceptions to the above as no company is perfect. There are two cons for me:

1. I find that most of the folks who function in negative ways at Northwest FCS have limited experience in other companies and don't know how good they have it at Northwest FCS. These folks can be a drag, but there are seemingly less and less of them.

2. Because it's a high performing organization, it can be intimidating at first for a new comer to get up to speed. However, there is quality training and a lot of organizational investment into employees....and if you are a high performer this can actually be an attractive feature/challenge as its fun to be part of a winning team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks for doing it!

2. "Northwest FCS is a caring and progressive company"

Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Training Analyst in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northwest FCS cares about its employees, both professionally and personally. It invests time and money toward each employee's growth by offering training to keep staff skills current and meet expectations of staff. Supervisors and leadership staff are also required to participate in high performance leadership courses that make them effective leaders. In addition, Northwest supports and even encourages volunteer work during work hours to uplift our communities. On a personal level, they are supportive of personal situations that arise and require staff to be out for an extended period of time. The employees at Northwest FCS are quality people that I enjoy spending time with outside of work. Great company employing great people!

Cons

Our new building is so big we don't see enough of each other!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff!