Northwest Hospital & Medical Center - Nice people | Glassdoor

"Nice people"

Pros

Nice people, nice campus, okay benefits.

Cons

Communication is not the greatest

Other Employee Reviews for Northwest Hospital & Medical Center

1. "Community hospital is the best for nurses who want to grow and be a part of a community"

Former Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior leadership advocates strongly for development and support of nursing staff. Lots of opportunities for growth into leadership positions and certifications.
    If community, mentorship and interdepartmental relationships are important to you, this organization is second to none.
    Many leaders are innovative--all expect high quality work, which makes for proud, high performing teams.

Cons

This is a community hospital, so funds are limited. Pay and benefits are more limited than competing hospitals. This tends to drive away the people who are not great cultural fits, however(silver lining)--those left are the ones who truly believe they can make a difference and work hard.

"terrible!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

benefits and compensation, absolutely nothing else.

Cons

administration does not care about employees OR patients. I worked there for 10 years and was treated worse and worse every year ESPECIALLY after UW took over 5 years ago. Administration and general management refuse to take any suggestions from staff, do not care about patient complaints, and overall treat everybody extremely poorly. When I first started there it was great, as it was still a smaller community hospital, but it turned to crap very quickly. I was treated HORRIBLY after I put in my notice and was told to leave immediately and not come back, despite dedicating my entire adult life to the hospital.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Care about your patients. Stop saying "patients are first" when it's blatantly obvious that it's really "UW is first."