Northwestern Mutual - Sales Representative Intern | Glassdoor
  1. "Sales Representative Intern"

Former Intern - Sales Representative Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Northwestern Mutual for less than a year

Pros

Great office environment. It seems like everyone really wanted to be there and wanted to help each other succeed. Good amount of training. Free coffee all day everyday.

Cons

Cold calls. Be prepared to sell to friends and family. That is the only place you are going to get your referrals from. The first day that we went to our cubicals we were told to start calling. The room was really loud and it was hard to hear clients. I was not sure how many calls to make so I made 7. I felt that was a good amount for a half day. When we talked about it the next day to our supervisor he just... laughed.

Advice to Management

It would be a good idea to have your full time reps go out of their way to introduce themselves to new people and take an active role in getting them started.

Northwestern Mutual2016-08-10
  1. "First- Class Company, First Class Office - Austin TX"

Former Employee - Associate Financial Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Group of people in the Austin TX office, First Class Training and licensing. Mgmt treats the employees the same as the clients - as if each is highly valued. Snacks, Drinks , Beautiful office bldg. Have to be sales personality to get clients here.

Cons

1099 commission role unless you are on staff with an advisor.

Advice to Management

Great team to work with.

Northwestern Mutual2019-09-13
  2. "Home for the ambitious and driven"

Current Employee - Director of Selection

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time

Pros

High energy and professionalism Strong company brand Motivated mentors and coaching Purpose driven culture Benefits, rewards and retirement plans Generous recognition Exciting company trips Flexible work schedules Relationship building Positively impacting others Creative and encouraging leadership Career growth opportunities Call a local recruiter to learn more about your specific office

Cons

Success takes hard work and dedication Dealing with rejection Passing licensing and certification exams Predominately production based income Building disciplines and new habits Working with others who may be different than you Easier for fast learners Going out of your comfort zone

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job!

Northwestern Mutual2019-12-05

Discover more reviews about Northwestern Mutual.