Northwestern University - Very good work experience at Northwestern University | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern University

"Very good work experience at Northwestern University"

I have been working at Northwestern University part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Northwestern University has a nice campus. The living expense here is not very high. You can talk with the students here.

Cons

Winter is cold in Chicago. If you like cold weather, you will probably like to work and live here.

Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern University

1. "CURE Summer Research Internship at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine"

Former Intern - Summer Research Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Summer Research Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Northwestern University as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the greatest learning experiences I have had during my college career is the research opportunity I have been privileged with through the CURE summer research internship at Northwestern University. From attending talks by leaders in the field of oncology, to preparing abstracts and presenting my research findings, I had the opportunity to experience the trials and tribulations of an oncology researcher first-hand. The hours I spent in lab over the duration of summer 2011 have molded me into a much more patient experimenter and enabled me to become more disciplined - traits that will serve me well in any field.

Cons

Outside of the research experiences, the summer program was a bit lacking with regards to sight seeing, networking, and other activities. The program is strictly a research program so if you're looking to gain clinical experience you'll ought to look elsewhere.

2. "Not too bad"

Current Employee - Lead Custodian in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Custodian in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well it's easy to get there with public transportation, good experience to build upon. Management is not always breathing on your neck. Fast paced so it's not boring.

Cons

Well, you would think people at this top university would be pretty easy to clean up after, but they are actually just as bad as the elementary school students I used to clean up after. However, as your get higher up in the company you can delegate the responsibilities more to the new people. The management opportunities can lead me to the general manager position or even allow me to apply to other companies. A good place to get some experience and move up at some point.

Advice to Management

Get us better supplies to increase moral among employees, and better shifts, more work hours for newbies and benefits that allow us to retain our new taleny