Northwood Health Systems - While I enjoyed many of my co-workers, management was more concerned with making money than helping others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Northwood Health Systems

"While I enjoyed many of my co-workers, management was more concerned with making money than helping others."

Former Employee - Case Manager in Wheeling, WV
Former Employee - Case Manager in Wheeling, WV

I worked at Northwood Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of those working here are great people, and genuinely want to help the community and those suffering most.

Cons

Upper management are very much only concerned with bringing money into the coffers. I often had to argue about policies to keep people who were suicidal from being allowed to go outside to smoke beside the road even though earlier that day they had tried to commit suicide by throwing themselves in front of a moving car. I have also seen them discharge suicidal clients with no insurance early so they could get a drug abuser with Medicaid onto the crisis unit.

Advice to Management

A community mental health center is there to help the community, not making those in charge wealthy. It is ludicrous that the CEO makes over $400, 000 a year while case managers and others that are college educated and working the front lines make less than $9.00 an hour.

Other Employee Reviews for Northwood Health Systems

1. "UNFAIR"

I worked at Northwood Health Systems full-time

Pros

The customers!!!!! I enjoyed helping them receive the durable medical equipment and supplies they needed to make their lives more comfortable.

Cons

Immediate management. I was terminated via telephone due to high risk pregnancy which allowed up to 30hrs wkly per Drs orders. Therefore I was told that " I was hired in Full time so they no longer needed me!" It wasn't my fault I fell @ 7mos pregnant & nearly lost my son. It was heartbreaking -I truly enjoyed working there; assisting the customers & having fun speaking with them. VERY SAD!!

2. "NORTHWOOD HEALTH SYSTEMS"

I have been working at Northwood Health Systems full-time

Pros

Get to help people overcome problem in their life and the health insurance is top notch. Advancement possibilitys do exist. They DO have a laxed call l off policy. Don't fire people too much. You really have to commit a serious policy violation to get fired.

Cons

Pay is the lowest in the business.

Advice to Management

To increase pay to your employees would not hurt. Can you honestly say that you can make a 'living wage' at your company. I hear that the CEO's make great money and bonuses. It would be nice to offer that to the base employees.