Not Your Average Joes - Management Issues | Glassdoor
  1. "Management Issues"

Former Employee - Server in Methuen, MA

I worked at Not Your Average Joes part-time for less than a year

Pros

The team was (for the most part) energetic and worked together. The money staggered, some days (holidays included) I'd walk out with great money, others I'd leave a double with only a little to dry my tears.

Cons

There was major management turnover. Depending on who was there for that month, things could be hectic. Kitchen staff and management could be really disrespectful to servers when the fault came from a kitchen error. Tip sharing didn't consider bad service or unused help. I would bus my own tables and order nothing from the bar, but still would have to carve large percentages of what I made out to bartenders (who make...

Advice to Management

Listen more to your servers. The people I worked with were more than willing to own up to their mistakes. Not taking their sides during a blow out over a improperly prepared order really kills trust for you. Also, try to find more management with longevity in their futures.

Not Your Average Joes2018-07-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Bartender"

Former Employee - Bartender in Methuen, MA

I worked at Not Your Average Joes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company ethic, great interaction with guests.

Cons

Impossible to get scheduled enough hours to get benefits

Not Your Average Joes2018-04-16

"Bad work environment"

Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Not Your Average Joes part-time

Pros

- Restaurant has good food, so easy to recommend tp customers -Training period for all new hires

Cons

- Management doesn't have it together... - miscommunication between management - Distrust between front of the house and back of the house - Waiters rude to hosts/hostesses

Not Your Average Joes2019-02-18

Discover more reviews about Not Your Average Joes.