Not Your Average Joes - You will make more $ elsewhere - It is a waste of time! | Glassdoor
  1. "You will make more $ elsewhere - It is a waste of time!"

Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Not Your Average Joes

Pros

People either love or hate NYAJoe's. Customers are loyal, they become your friends

Cons

Management plays favorites. They let some servers close all of the time, never giving new staff a chance to make and $ so turnover is high. They have way to many specialty drinks, it takes bartenders forever to make cocktails. The management treats their customers better then their employees. Customers get whatever they want and are allowed to abuse staff. A customer lashed out at me because when I shut him off (he had...

Advice to Management

Give everyone a chance to make $ - Sure they do your job for you so it makes your life easy, but you look stupid when they give bad and pushy service. Motivate your staff by taking care of them.

Not Your Average Joes2015-02-16

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Bartender"

Former Employee - Bartender in Methuen, MA

I worked at Not Your Average Joes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company ethic, great interaction with guests.

Cons

Impossible to get scheduled enough hours to get benefits

Not Your Average Joes2018-04-16

"Bad work environment"

Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Not Your Average Joes part-time

Pros

- Restaurant has good food, so easy to recommend tp customers -Training period for all new hires

Cons

- Management doesn't have it together... - miscommunication between management - Distrust between front of the house and back of the house - Waiters rude to hosts/hostesses

Not Your Average Joes2019-02-18

Discover more reviews about Not Your Average Joes.