KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People want to do the right thing

Sep 30, 2021 - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* No red tape -> people aim to do the right thing for users and colleagues * Moving fast -> course correct and admit when things could be better without dwelling

Cons

* Small team with huge scope -> at times might feel like there's a world of things we can build, may feel overwhelming

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible opportunity to experience fast company and personal growth

Nov 1, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Notion is growing extremely fast as a business and a team. That means there are constantly opportunities to work on and lead impactful projects. As someone still early in my career, it's been an amazing place to learn and level up my skills much faster than I would have at other companies. - You'll get to work with some of the most capable AND empathetic people. It's pretty rare to find a team that is thoughtful, trustworthy, and fun to be around. - Customers genuinely love the product and it's changed so many people's lives. Growth is product and community led, so you don't have to worry that you're working for a product that isn't going to "make it." We haven't even cracked the surface of the market segment we could be capturing.

Cons

On the flip side, extreme growth means extreme change -- and with that comes friction. You need to be ok with priorities readjusting every quarter, and you need to be willing to take on or pass off projects without your ego getting in the way. Everyone is still very heads down because our resourcing is still catching up with the ambitious goals we set. You'll need to both set strategy and do a lot of tactical work until the team is more built out. If you're able to keep these things in mind, you'll never be bored, you'll find amazing mentors and co-workers that you'll want work with for the rest of your career, you'll learn a ton, and you'll make a huge impact.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly a family working on something special

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is wearing their company hat - Mission driven in that Notion allows people to create tools for themselves - highly collaborative - warm environment

Cons

I love working in the office a couple of days a week - that is part of getting to know people and teaming at work for us at Notion. Notion is not for those who want to be fully remote.

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Notion Labs.