Nova Medical Centers (Texas) - Supervising Physical Therapist | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Supervising Physical Therapist"

Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Supervising Physical Therapist in Austin, TX

Pros

A lot of opportunities for growth as a clinician. They have an online database of certifications and specialties. They give you paid CEU days off, reimburse CEU courses, and have in-house courses at no cost! They have a great new grad mentorship program. Competitive pay with 40 hour work weeks (M-F 9AM-6PM). Many opportunities to advance or transfer within company.

Cons

From my personal perspective, I wish the hours were earlier (7-4 or 8-5) to give me more free time after work. Although the company does reimburse you for CEU courses, if you should leave the company within a year of accepting that money-you have to repay it. Being that therapists are life-long learners, we are always taking CEU courses. I don't ever want to feel that I have to stay with a company because I would owe them money if I ever decided to leave.

Advice to Management

Flexible hours and less restrictions on reimbursed money.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Nova offers opportunities for advancement and great learning invaluable ventures."

Current Employee - Medical Center Manager in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Center Manager in McAllen, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel supported by all levels of management and valued as an employee (especially our area ADCO). Coming to work every day is always a mind and work challenge. I never get bored with my job and love the fact that I am treated as an equal by my peers and my staff. I know my opinion, as does that of my staff matters and all is definitely considered. In fact, all employees are encouraged to voice their opinions about how to make NOVA a better workplace at all times so we are all content. I believe that if you show appreciation, you will without a doubt receive it in productivity with your staff. Above all, it is important for me to work for a company with great work ethics, professionalism and tactfulness. I'm extremely proud to say I love working for NOVA and I love my job! Nova gets nothing less than 101% of me.

Cons

The work hours. I would like to see more of an 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.. hour schedule. As it is being in management it takes an extra chunk of time to ensure all obstacles are complete before going home for the day. Working till 6 and staying later thereafter pretty much takes the evening away from most of us to spend with our families on a daily basis, not to mention those who are single parents. This is more of a suggestion not a complaint.

Advice to Management

A little more personal "thank you/appreciation gestures" would be nice or even a more in depth recognition for our late hours and efforts to make our facility the best over any. Raises would be extremely nice as well.

2. "Great atmosphere, friendly people to work with, and always a chance for growth and advancement."

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Harlingen, TX
    Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Harlingen, TX

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly co-workers and management that are always willing to help. There is always a chance for growth, and advancement. Excellent training that continues through out your employment.

Cons

At this time I do not have any Cons.

Discover more reviews about Nova Medical Centers (Texas).