NovaBay - Forgetable | Glassdoor

"Forgetable"

Former Employee - Vice President Research in Emeryville, CA
Former Employee - Vice President Research in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Salary, proximity to San Francisco

Cons

Poor science, insecure management (some, incompetent too)

Other Employee Reviews for NovaBay

1. "Thank You NovaBay"

I have been working at NovaBay full-time

Pros

THANK YOU! NovaBay is so employee focused! Truly great place to work.

It's been an amazing journey of last four years with NovaBay, where each day is new and challenging. It never gets boring. I am very thankful to be a part of the innovative company. It makes me proud to know what our products can do for the patients. I am truly happy to know about the impressive years NovaBay has had. The NovaBay team and management are like big family. A good mixture of people, motivated, and brilliant individuals. I strongly believe in the company's mission, vision and values. Our CEO Ron Najafi always bring positive, innovative, and creative ideas. I always look up Ron's strong will. His commitment and passion is inspiring. Ron is a true leader.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you the NovaBay management, colleagues and mentors for all the support you’ve shown and share me throughout these years. Go Go NBY!

Cons

Small company means more opportunities to learn additional skills and ability to work in different department with unique projects. Plus you get to learn directly from the CEO.

"Medical Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Emeryville, CA

I worked at NovaBay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous bonus at plan. Very little micromanaging. Some talented sales reps with a lot of experience and success in the eye care market.

Cons

Check out their stock: NBY. Upper management has a very low level of integrity. Employee morale was low since everyone felt they had little job security. Quick to hire new employees who exceeded expectations only to let them go due to no fault of their own.

Advice to Management

Be more trustworthy by following up on your promises to employees. Provide reps with better sales materials and a more adequate budget for conventions, meetings, and dinner programs.