NovaBay - Forgetable | Glassdoor

"Forgetable"

Former Employee - Vice President Research in Emeryville, CA
Former Employee - Vice President Research in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Salary, proximity to San Francisco

Cons

Poor science, insecure management (some, incompetent too)

Other Employee Reviews for NovaBay

1. "Thank You NovaBay"

I have been working at NovaBay full-time

Pros

THANK YOU! NovaBay is so employee focused! Truly great place to work.

It's been an amazing journey of last four years with NovaBay, where each day is new and challenging. It never gets boring. I am very thankful to be a part of the innovative company. It makes me proud to know what our products can do for the patients. I am truly happy to know about the impressive years NovaBay has had. The NovaBay team and management are like big family. A good mixture of people, motivated, and brilliant individuals. I strongly believe in the company's mission, vision and values. Our CEO Ron Najafi always bring positive, innovative, and creative ideas. I always look up Ron's strong will. His commitment and passion is inspiring. Ron is a true leader.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you the NovaBay management, colleagues and mentors for all the support you’ve shown and share me throughout these years. Go Go NBY!

Cons

Small company means more opportunities to learn additional skills and ability to work in different department with unique projects. Plus you get to learn directly from the CEO.

2. "Innovative company with a great potential for growth"

I have been working at NovaBay full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had a privilege of working at NovaBay for the last 9 years. The culture at NovaBay is friendly and comprised of multi-talented employees with unique blend of expertise. Over 15 years, NovaBay has grown from a small private pharmaceutical company into a public company with products on the market. There is a lot of potential to grow and develop within the company, talent and efforts are always recognized and rewarded. People are willing to help and you really feel part of a team! The success of the company is due in large part to the leadership of Founder and CEO Dr. Ron Najafi. Ron created a work environment that motivates everyone to achieve their goals. His ability to innovate and think outside the box is constantly applied to creating new products and growing sales of products on the market. He and his management team have taken the company through IPO and raised money through investment and partnerships to put products on the market. NovaBay is a great company with an exciting future!

Cons

The work is challenging with a need to balance multiple responsibilities. I see this as an opportunity to learn and grow while sometimes this can be stressful. Small pharmaceutical company is always a risky business until it becomes profitable. Compared to other small biotech and pharma companies, NovaBay is close to achieving this goal with products already on the market and sales growing rapidly.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow sales of existing products while also keeping focus on developing of next generation new innovative products for ophthalmology