Novant Health - Generally good, but they are too conservative. Not very innovative. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Novant Health

"Generally good, but they are too conservative. Not very innovative."

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Novant Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My department has great management and staff. The pay is good.

Cons

The benefits are not good. I would not be here if my spouse didn't have good benefits at his/her job. Also, lots of other departments are poorly managed. I feel like I can't apply for other jobs because part of the process is notification of your direct supervisor. I would like to be able to apply for other jobs anonymously. Because of this, I look at competing companies often for advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Make a decision.

Other Employee Reviews for Novant Health

1. "Great place to work,"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Programmer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Novant Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to get a career start. Great organization to move around in.

Cons

Unfortuntely it is Not-For-Profit and salaries reflect it greatly and the Benefits could be a lot better.

"Centralize Business Office Charlotte, NC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Novant Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros when it comes to the CBO

Cons

I am a great employee. I mind my own business, go in everyday and do my job well above expectations for my role. Within my first week there, I realized what a dysfunctional office the CBO is. Management is the worst I have ever seen. Their attitude is if you have a problem, then go find a job somewhere else. Terrible, terrible employees seem to do what they want (which is do the minimum that's expected, and make critical errors which have caused practices to lose unbelievable amounts of money, steal from other employees, as well as various charitable events that take place, bully coworkers, and abuse benefits offered by the company. If anyone goes to senior management with any issue regarding these bullies, they're told that if the issue is addressed, then they'll have to deal with the retaliation from the other employee. Management shows clear favortism to the employees causing the company to lose money. They allow these employees to lie and cheat on a daily basis, and are never told no. Meanwhile, hardworking employees that do their job, are regularly fired for ridiculous reasons, which are often based on lies. The majority of employees in the building are actively looking for jobs elsewhere. Any concerns voiced to the CEO Carl Armato, are ignored. He visits the office maybe once a year. HR on site? A joke. The office gives a whole new meaning to the definition of hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

MANAGE! It's ok to tell someone no. And it's your job to make sure every employee is treated the same, regardless of their race or job title. Hold employees responsible when they cross lines that are inevitably going to result in lawsuits that will cost the company even more money!! LISTEN to the employees when they tell you these things are happening! Ignoring issues does not make them go away! When the lawsuits start, guess who they'll look at first? The managers that are supposed to make sure everyone is treated equally. If you want everyone to like you, then you shouldn't be in management! Enabling bullies only puts you in the same category as them. Those same people laugh at you behind your back, and feed off of your weakness and insecurity! Wake up before it gets past the point of fixing, because that time is coming. Everyone is fed up.