Novartis - Awful, just awful | Glassdoor

"Awful, just awful"

Current Employee - Too Specialised to Say
Current Employee - Too Specialised to Say

Pros

despite how the company treats them, the people are great, the science is better than others in the field, great location!

Cons

where do you start? everyone is massively overworked, the company simply does not invest in the business, work-life balance - ha! it is a complete, and I mean complete shambles. Bureaucracy is unbelievable, very conservative (years out of date with the modern world), slow motion train wreck. workforce too scared to speak up - Avoid, avoid

Advice to Management

treat your people better, trust them! employ somewhere near the right number of people to do the job rather than now where everyone has at least two jobs. empower and support, believe in work/life balance dont just occasionally mention it.

Other Employee Reviews for Novartis

"Pay is about average but they think you should value other things higher than pay. HA!"

Former Employee - Process Technician in Grimsby, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Grimsby, England (UK)

Pros

I cant really think of any. The best plus I can think of is that I have worked at worse places. Pay is reasonable but falls short of similar jobs in industry such as oil. At my site the budget control was a bit slack so you could hammer the overtime if you did'nt have a life.

Cons

Pay falls short of similar jobs in industry such as oil. Thats why I and many like me have left to go to oil companies over the last few years. They seem to believe that workers will take on more and more work for less pay because they enjoy the sense of doing a good job and pay is'nt that important.

Advice to Management

Pay counts. Stop sending everyone on stupid courses whereby the lecturer (who is on about £600 a day) tells everybody that pay is not a valid reason to come to work. Idiots.

2. "Sehr gutes Unternehmen"

Current Employee - Global Process Owner in Basel (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Global Process Owner in Basel (Switzerland)

I have been working at Novartis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Forschungsstark, Gute Pipeline, Zukunftsorientiert, Innovativ und Mitarbeiterorientiert

Cons

Sich zu schnell verändernde Organisationsstruktur. Wenig prozessstabilität

Advice to Management

In eigene Talente investieren und Karrieren entwickeln