Novitex - New company, new management | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Novitex

"New company, new management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Novitex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of these jobs are easy enough job to do part-time during high-school or college.

Cons

If you're still here after getting a college degree this company will likely end up being a weight that drags you down.

Other Employee Reviews for Novitex

"A Company that Never Learns!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Novitex full-time

Pros

The one objective this company meets is that they hire some of the best employees! The employees are professional and over-qualified for the positions in which they are placed. Regardless of the lackadaisical management practices from those above the basic workers, the employees work seamlessly with those who are in other offices.

Cons

The single star is because I cannot give a lower score. The company hires people who are over-qualified for the positions and then provide no opportunities for advancment. My criticism comes from both my experience and the experience of others with whom I have worked. For me, the greatest disappointments come from: no raises (the last was a 1.75% raise years ago), no opportunity to gain experience (the work is mastered within a short period of time), and the lackadaisical attitude toward lower level employees.

Currently, we have a wonderful manager... therefore the emphasis of "lackadaisical" does not apply to all management. However, we have experienced more than one manager who failed the employees in huge ways... In many of the offices, the employees are left hanging by their managers, which was very difficult for many during the transition from being a part of Pitney Bowes and becoming Novitex.

On a personal note:

For the last year, I have been actively seeking other job opportunities. Recently, I updated my resume online and received a call from a Novitex recruiter. This individual obviously did not look at the resume as they offered me the EXACT same job in which I currently excel and have mastered... Hmmmm... an "On Call" position for someone who is already overqualified? Insulted or disappointed?

When the economy finally picks up, you will see a mass exodus from Novitex. The employees with initiative and ability will go elsewhere to pursue career options.

Advice to Management

Understand that your employees cannot continue to afford to work for a company that does not provide reasonable raises. The cost of food, shelter, and fuel continues to rise and management is creating financial hardships for the employees. Most employees have to work two jobs, which takes time away from family and prevents a work/life balance.

If you choose not to ease the financial strain on your employees, my suggestion would be to then provide opportunity for the lower level staff to gain transferable work experience so they can find career opportunities elsewhere.

Finally, it would be nice if offices had management that kept workers informed and supported. Because, it is miserable enough to work for a company that does not care... when your manager could care less, it makes going to work a depressing and miserable task. It is as though Novitex is counting on the economy to continue to plummet.

2. "Slowly imploding..."

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I worked at Novitex full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At one time PBMS was a thriving and growing business, that had a clear strategic direction, great management, and competitive salaries and benefits. Those days are FAR gone...

Cons

Everything. The company is quickly being dismantled from the inside out due to incredibly poor leadership. Product offerings remain unchanged for years, albeit with an updated design template. Senior leadership is floundering on what to do next. I know, because I worked with them every day. Communications are repetitive and have no substantance. Policy changes are austere and without consideration for employees. I don't know anyone who is not looking for another position.

Advice to Management

At this point, it may be too late. Customers are leaving in droves, and you don't seem to see the larger picture. If real change is to take place, the company should be sold to a new entity that has the true desire to do something great - not just milk profits from a dying business.