Novo Nordisk - In the beginning it was great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Novo Nordisk

"In the beginning it was great."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started there, when Martin Soeters was President, it was fantastic. I completely fed into company culture hype and, at the time, it was a great place to work. When Jurek took over though, things changed. Your experience there will depend greatly on your manager and your department. It is highly competitive now... probably because of the "best places to work" designation. So, if you are not the type to knock your coworkers down and climb over their backs to get ahead, this is probably not the place for you.

Salaries are also considerably lower than industry standards.

Cons

HR spends a ton of money to be listed as one of the Best Places to Work, but doesn't necessarily make sure they deserve to be there.

Other Employee Reviews for Novo Nordisk

"Great benefits, coworkers, LOTS of politics and favoritism"

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time

Pros

The salary and benefits are outstanding. The company is so into the top company to work for lists that they essentially do anything to get on.

Cons

Lots of internal politics and extreme favoritism by HR. If you're "in" you cannot get fired regardless of what happens as HR runs the company. Manager's have virtually no power when it comes to hiring and firing. A manager may make suggestions about the hires but ultimately their diversity program takes over and a potential weaker candidate is brought in. Want to work from home? Need to ask HR. Want to promote someone? Need to ask HR Want to write someone up? Need to ask HR. You get the point

Advice to Management

Strip the power from HR and give it to the manager's that know the day ins and outs. Stop talking about the My Company culture and actually back up your words.

"Best Company I ever worked for."

Current Employee - Safety Data Specialist in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Safety Data Specialist in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Novo Nordisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture
    Work-Life Balance is always taken into consideration and the company strives to maintain this.
    Training for Staff is comprehensive and engaging
    Excellent communication
    Company is very philanthropic

Cons

Sometimes there is a definite lack of defined working processes, however I have noticed that this is the baseline through the pharmaceutical world.
    Also, better communication between various departments could be improved upon.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees