NuVasive - outstanding company! | Glassdoor

"outstanding company!"

Current Employee - Vice President R&D in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Vice President R&D in San Diego, CA

Pros

solid leadership with outstanding technology

Cons

growing pains and recent legal setbacks

Advice to Management

listen to management input at all levels

Other Employee Reviews for NuVasive

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good benefits, gym onsite, good looking building with a cheetah out front, stocks the place like Costco because you never have time to leave for lunch.

Cons

Incompetent management, you become a slave to the company, salaried employees are expected to work 10-12 hour days at the office and to "log in" when you get home. Buy in to the corporate culture and attend corporate events on your day off or else!!!!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings instead of robots!!!! You have lost a lot of talented people due to the way you treat them and it's reflected in how low your stock price has dropped.

"Like going to a second college"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Diego, CA

Pros

I made some really close friends while working at NuVasive. The company had an ample amount of 20-30 year old's who were very smart and willing to work long hours for little reward which brought us all closer. I also learned more about the industry than I would have working anywhere else. They do an excellent job of making sure everyone in the company knows what they're selling. I would describe it as college for the Spine industry. Long hours, great learning experience, fraternity feel, but after 3 years you just want out.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the management. Everyone seemed to be promoted based on their friendships with other managers versus their ability or competencies. Or they threatened to quit and were promoted instead. NuVasive tends to wait until the last possible minute to make sure you stick around, but a lot of times it's too late. The management in my case did not show appreciation for their employees unless they were in front of others and expected to do so. They also never gave credit where it was due and instead took the credit for all accomplishments for themselves.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make yourself look good and focus on your team, that will pay off sooner than stabbing your employees in the back.

Also - Alex, you really need to take a look in the mirror and stop being so arro