Nuance - Fun, rewarding and challenging workplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

"Fun, rewarding and challenging workplace"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nuance is a true pay for performance environment. Not only was my base and bonus generous for my level of experience, but in the time I have worked at Nuance I have been recognized numerous times for above and beyond performance which has not been the case with my past employers.

Cons

Company politics can be a very big distraction from the business at hand. High level leadership is out of touch from the reality of the employees and the company. When employees get burnt out, the company buys their loyalty to stay instead of improving the overall experience from the very beginning.

Advice to Management

Get a pulse on the culture of the company and begin to factor in the internal population when making business decisions. The employees don't need to be the challenge, make them part of the solutions/success and then reward them accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews for Nuance

"Good Technology company led poorly"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

General
    - Great Technology and have some great Products
    - Own many key patents in the distruptive Speech technology (- Some Business Units are having strong growth.

Benefits
    - Telecommute. This helps work life balance to some extend. But you work load keep you rethinking if Remote Work really helps
    - 4 Weeks Vacation (But note that this will inlude your Sick Days too)

Cons

- Fails to reward Employees for the success
    - CEO and Executive Management takes fat paycheck and they try to defend the meager Bonus and pay hike they hand over even in stellar growth years.
    - Lack of Work Life Balance even though Telecommuting
    - Poor 401K match
    - Health plan is not really great compared to other similar Tech companies. Get ready to pay a good amount as employee share. Benefist doing poor job in negotating best plans but try to market it well.
    - Professional Services is considerd World Class but it depends on which part of the Oganization you are. The main aim is get teh Work Done "Somehow" rather than doing it the right way and more efficiently

Advice to Management

Was wondering if you are really taking look at Employee SAT Surveys and taking any actions .

"My experience at this company was very good, and got to work with some great people."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are good opportunities to advance your a career. Management is very supportive of your ideas and suggestions. Telecommuting is permitted, flexible schedule. The company offers good benefits, and also provide additional training to continue learning new skills. You get to work with some great people from all over the world.

Cons

There is a lot of work, and not enough resources. Long hours of work is required to meet the project deadlines.