Nuance - Geat opportunity with flexible work-life balance... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

"Geat opportunity with flexible work-life balance..."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, work-life balance opportunities are flexibile, and there seems to be buy-in from most levels to be better than the day before. There is a lot of work to do, but peers and managers are consistently trying to do the right thing...which is refreshing! Coming from a suit/tie environment, the casual dress code is actually way more of a plus than I would have thought.

Cons

Budgets are tight so getting requests approved can be slow. On-boarding process is somewhat unorganized (as a new employee, I was not setup with any supplies or much direction besides references on the Company Intranet site). The cafe located in the Burlington HQ is less than to be desired.

Other Employee Reviews for Nuance

"This is where you come to reach the pinnacle of your career. The CDI division is best practice in the industry."

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to collaborate with true "thought leaders" in the field, excellent benefits, innovation, and access to great training cannot be matched in industry.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company, so the only con is trying to keep up with all of the expansion and innovation.

Advice to Management

Ensure that staff have the availability to participate in all the great training and technology the company has to offer.

"Really Great Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Software Validation Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Validation Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I get the luxury of working from a remote office and going on site as needed the other team members in the area are very helpful and friendly to work with. There is a mutual respect demostrated on calls with mangement and I never feel lost in the mix. I recieved my equipment early and was not held back due to lack of resources. There are always seminars going on for you to attned as you will to build you knowledge in all different areas which is great for growth. Management (which is not local for me) is always responsive and proactive.

Cons

One thing I gave up coming to Nuance was my nicely laid out benefits package. I had 3 wks vacation, 2 wks sick time, plus floating holidays and pretty much employer paid health coverage ($6/mth). Although I think the benefits package is competitive it was something that didn't match my old employer (still well worth the move).