Nuance - Stressful, Sweat Shop! | Glassdoor

"Stressful, Sweat Shop!"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely, not one thing...terrible environment.

Cons

terrible work environment, leaders who lack integrity, lack of trust, not even leader speak positively about the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Nuance

"Nuance strives to drive excellence and exceed all customer expectations."

Current Employee - Customer Loyalty in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Loyalty in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nuance has a very high scope on the overall customer experience.

Cons

It is a great work culture and provides a very easy boarding process for new employees. Nuance is also very responsive to employee feedback.

"Nuance is a fast paced company with lots of talented people"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nuance is great about supporting employees in terms of training, collaboration, and work life balance. With Nuance University, an online education tool, I was able to quickly gain an understanding of the company. This helped me feel right at home very quickly.

In terms of collaboration, I believe that the company's intranet is the easiest to use and most helpful internal website that I have ever used. In the past, I had always thought of this as a place for company benefit and HR stuff, however with the Voice, people are able to treat it like both a social network and collaboration platform.

Cons

I am the only Marketing person of my floor, and am surrounded by Engineers. It has been difficult to figure out who my team is since I don't sit among them.

I also feel like the leadership is a little more siloed from the rest of the employees, rather than integrated with them. This can sometimes make me feel like the executive are not being transparent.

Advice to Management

When I came to Nuance, I was looking to start a career, rather than just simply a job. It would be great to have a better understanding of the different career paths that each role can take as well as learn what management is looking for to move folks into those positions.

It would also be nice to have a mentorship program and internal support groups that can help you along your career path.