Nuance - Worst company I've ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous in Burlington, MA

Pros

There is decent pay, but is outweighed by cons

Cons

Upper management are self centered and inconsiderate. Have no interest in the employees who slave away while they collect aggressive payment for their extensive work.

Advice to Management

Be more humane

Other Employee Reviews for Nuance

"Decide What Experience/Knowledge you want, get it, and then move on to somewhere else."

Former Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous talent among the ranks. Some incredible products/technology which can provide great learning opportunities. If you are self-directed and thrive on constant change you can reap personal benefits from the challenge.

Cons

Because of the continuous acquisition culture it is difficult to understand the direction or goals. Leadership at the top does little to clarify or inspire.

Advice to Management

Time for either a change at the top, or at the very least, a change of tactics. Allow the rank and file to meaningfully contribute and feel valued. And share the wealth! (at least some of it!!)

"Cut throat."

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at Nuance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can learn how not to treat employees by working here.

Cons

I worked for an awesome company that was acquired by Nuance. There was a meeting where the acquisition announcement was made, where a talking head from Nuance told us that most of us would keep our jobs. A month later, about 90% of the engineers were either laid off on the spot or bribed with a bump in their severance amount to stick around for a few more months to do more work on the projects that were in progress. Meantime a group of incredibly rude and obnoxious engineers from their outsourced Budapest Hungary facility made visits, demanding to be stepped through code and "handing off of responsibility". Their level of arrogance and rudeness was appalling.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees of companies you acquire. Instead of acquiring the technology and laying off all of the talent, how about setting a good example for American company practices and allowing the acquired company to continue operating the business successfully? Value your USA employees instead of outsourcing everything over seas. Do some checks and balances on your out sourced employee pool to see how they behave and treat others.