Nuance - Nuance is tight-fisted and unfair | Glassdoor

"Nuance is tight-fisted and unfair"

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reason to work for Nuance is that I can work from home, so there is no office politics, dress clothes to buy, I save on gas and upkeep of my car.

Cons

Working from home has it's downside, too. I feel like I'm a slave because the pay is about minimum wage, but I'm working really hard with all the ESL dictators on cell phones. You get dinged for every mistake QA finds and they require 99% perfection, so you never make a decent salary.

Advice to Management

Please pay your US workers more. It's embarrassing to tell someone what I get paid for with this company. I have hardly any reason to work with the wages I receive. You are just disgusting.

Nuance2015-01-01

"Great place to work, evolve and grow professionally short term and long"

Current Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance Employees are valued Product offerings are innovative Great benefits SKOs are fantastic

Cons

401k plan could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, keep empowering them. Communication is key

Nuance2019-04-16
  2. "New CEO is a breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

PTO, work/life, day to day are all great. Full of smart people willing to help. Everyone is real. The technology we have is cutting edge, which is exciting. New CEO seems to really want to implement a culture, something that was lacking with the previous CEO. I think it's beginning to take shape.

Cons

401k was recently increased to 3% match (previously 2%). Still lower than similar tech companies. This, along with limited HDHP healthcare (that costs quite a lot) is unattractive. A lot of employees are remote, there aren't many (if any) opportunities to meet face to face with colleagues.

Advice to Management

Continue with your strategy for adding culture. Please carve out more budget for extracurricular, or onsite visits geared towards team building. This will help drive your culture initiative.

Nuance2019-07-31

Discover more reviews about Nuance.