Nuance - Not so bad in a satellite office, but rotten at the top | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

"Not so bad in a satellite office, but rotten at the top"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Some of the projects are interesting.
Great coworkers and corporate atmosphere, in our location at least.
4 weeks of PTO per year (combined sick leave/vacation)

Cons

I'm embarrassed by the lousy customer support we give.
Employees are treated badly so all the qualified ones leave for better places (our competitors).
With refusal to hire or invest, it's only a matter of time before competition will leave us behind.
We pay our new hires the same salary Google interns get. How could we possibly compete with them for talented engineers?
Absurdly short-sighted focus on tomorrow's stock price drives bone-headed business decisions.

Advice to Management

Invest in your products enough to stay competitive. Stop acquiring lousy companies. Stop cheaping away the good employees. Hire new employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Nuance

"Innovating but political"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Huge growth and technical innovation. Brilliant executive team. Strong financially. Products are well balanced across many markets.

Cons

Very political. Lacks many career, personal development opportunities for a company its size. Sometimes tough culture

Advice to Management

Needs to break stovepipe politics at the top. Many old timers think more about their own well being over the company.

"Poor Place to Work"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Burlington, MA

Pros

Great technical staff. Flexible about working from home. Some ability to travel for projects. Interesting technologies. Not much else that's positive that I can say.

Cons

Upper management shows great disdain for employee morale, training, and work-life balance. Projects are often run as death marches and are oversold on technical capabilities. Upper management has no concern at all for employees. Communication on major issues, such as layoffs, salary freezes, lack of bonuses, restructuring, etc are handled extremely incompetently and usually the worst way possible. Upper management is extremely aloof and cold to employees. HR is generally incompetent.

Advice to Management

Understand that the actions you take to further enrich yourselves impact the regular employees. Look beyond your wallets.