Nvoicepay - Balance and Benefits in the Tech Industry | Glassdoor
  1. "Balance and Benefits in the Tech Industry"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nvoicepay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation, flexible schedule, engaged C-Level, great products and middle management. Operations is super strong and goes above and beyond to deliver a superior experience for customers.

Cons

Standard vacation goes fast - would love to see additional time or an unlimited policy! As a salesperson, our brand is still relatively unknown, which makes securing appointments difficult, but with Fleetcor this is slowly becoming easier.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture throughout the Fleetcor acquisition and we will be rocking!

Nvoicepay2019-06-11

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Constant Evolution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Nvoicepay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After the FLEETCOR acquisition, Nvoicepay is busier than ever. The company is working to integrate itself into its new parent company and fellow sister companies. It's a lot of work but it's also opening up new new avenues for company and employee growth. I've worked here for many years and as always, Nvoicepay has an outstanding company culture - largely driven by the People and Culture team (aka HR). This company... genuinely cares about its employees and tries to always do right by its customers. There are some extremely talented people at Nvoicepay in key roles helping to position the company as we enter into the next era of being part of a public company. I can honestly say that I like my job and my team, and I feel like I have the tools and resources I need to be successful.

Cons

It feels like we are always climbing a mountain and it can be easy to get burned out. Employees have to be diligent about setting their own work/life balance because Nvoicepay will take as much as you are willing to give. Sometimes decisions get made at the executive level and they are not clearly communicated down to those who have to execute on them. I think this is a function of "moving fast" though.

Advice to Management

Growth can be tough. Like other companies in similar situations, we need to focus on OVER communicating and INCREASING visibility as we go through these changes. Continue to listen to proven leaders, whether they are managers or individual contributors. Remove poor performing employees sooner rather than later. Execs need to take time to evaluate their leaders to ensure Nvoicepay is performing at the highest level... possible. Trust in your employees to accomplish the strategic vision of the company. Execs should not be mired in the details at a tactical level. You've hired smart and capable people; they can handle it. Always remember to keep the customers' best interests in mind. And know the acquisition doesn't have to change the culture of the company. It can be used as leverage to make us better.

Nvoicepay2019-10-17
  2. "Overall great company, although some departments need work."

Current Employee - Engineer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Nvoicepay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment with a good amount of free snacks, sodas, coffees and even beers! The culture overall is great, and the people are enjoyable to work with.

Cons

While the company overall is pretty good, the engineering department could really use some work. There is a lot of tribal knowledge with extremely little documentation. If you need help figuring out how something works you typically have to hunt down whoever happens to know the most about that topic. When those people with the most tribal knowledge leave Nvoicepay, it leaves significant gaps in knowledge that are... hard to fill. With some more organization and documentation in engineering, I think it will give everyone else an easier time when picking up new tasks to work on.

Nvoicepay2019-09-16

Discover more reviews about Nvoicepay.