O.C. Tanner - Has vastly improved since my previous review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for O.C. Tanner

"Has vastly improved since my previous review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at O.C. Tanner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The previous CIO left a few months ago and the amage that he did is still being undone. We have a new CIO and it remains to be seen what his impact on the company will be. O.C. Tanner cares about and works with people to help them improve. I have had opportunities to move around within my department, work on different teams, learn many technologies and work with many people from other departments. Although I haven't worked on anything groundbreaking, I feel that what I do does help advance our company goals and improve other people's lives. I am treated fairly and with respect.

Cons

There are very few opportunities for advancement within the IT department, if your goal is to move into IT management this may not be the place for you. There are currently a lot of changes going on and a degree of uncertainty, with a major construction project to redesign the corporate building, the new CIO, and some new projects.

Advice to Management

Don't keep managers who destroy the morale, health, and mental well being of those who report to them. Listen to your employees when the tell you in words and actions that the report to someone who does not appreciate or care that a position of authority is a position of responsibility to both the company and to those below you.

Other Employee Reviews for O.C. Tanner

"It's a good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at O.C. Tanner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a nice place to work. The company is built around helping companies build good relationships with their employees through recognition awards, so if you do good work consistently, you're likely to get some awards in addition to your base pay. The company has an above average 401k match, and has consistently paid bonuses for many years.

Cons

Many of the IT projects carry a lot of technical debt. Old systems don't get retired / replaced / updated as they should. There have been a lot of changes in management in the last 18 months, a lot of dust is still settling. The company just got a new CIO, so there's likely to be more changes in the next several months. Overall, the management changes could turn out to be positive, but it's too soon to tell one way or the other.

2. "This is a great company that is committed to developing a strong culture that completely embodies appreciation."

Current Employee - Programming in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Programming in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at O.C. Tanner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am proud to have the opportunity to work with a great group of people to achieve a common goal.

Cons

Lack of opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at some of your valuable long term employees that have the skills, ability and knowledge to do jobs that are almost always filled by outside candidates.