O'Charley's - Fun! | Glassdoor

"Fun!"

Current Employee - Hostess
Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at O'Charley's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun, upbeat job. Very flexible with schedules and understanding to all workers. Co workers are a blast to be around very family friendly. Pays well and you get 50% off of your food and your family gets 25% off!

Cons

Kitchen is dirty don't like standing doing silverware all night. Management sometimes gets too stressed and takes it out on staff. Stressful on busy nights. Bussing and doing things for servers without tip.

Advice to Management

Better plans with cleaning maybe hire bussers so hostesses aren't spending the whole night cleaning tables so we can get off the wait.

Other Employee Reviews for O'Charley's

1. "This company was dirty and did not seem to care about its employees."

Former Employee - Kitchen
    Former Employee - Kitchen

I worked at O'Charley's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked thr free drinks. I did not like the favoritism shown to underperforming employees. The store had a dirty and musky smell to it.

Cons

This company does not care about its employees. The turnaround is truly embarrassing. No one wanted to work here. The food for employees were disgusting.

Advice to Management

Learn some empathy.

2. "Great College Job!"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at O'Charley's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My store was flexible with hours which was great with juggling school at the same time. You could also make decent money especially on weekends and Sunday morning brunches!

Cons

My site was not always the busiest so some days there was a lot of downtime.

Advice to Management

Be on the same page. A lot of my managers would handle situations differently and expect different things our of employees which could be frustrating.