KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

A sustainable company creating a sustainable world

Aug 11, 2021 - Vice President, Controller in Perrysburg, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A global company with a great culture creating a sustainable world.

Cons

Business needs a lot of capital, which it's also a barrier of entry.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.seasonal-former

O-i

Nov 5, 2021 - Production Operator in Auburn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money and long breaks.

Cons

12 hr shifts. Hot environment

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Circling The Drain

Oct 9, 2021 - Palletizer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who endure a lot and most pull together.

Cons

Some of us at the Portland, OR. plant are staying just to get a severance package after intention of closure is announced. Company is required to give 90 days notice, I'm giving OI until the end of the year to announce intent to close the Portland, OR plant and am one of those staying for that package but I'm not sure I can hold on that long. Half the plant was shutdown in 2019 and 93 people were laid off. The plant now is running only wine bottles. About 5 people were called back to cullet thousands of loads of held ware while the other thousands of held ware loads were run through a resort area. We now have ONE person running the remaining TWO bulk packers. I am one of those unfortunate operators. The strapper turntables of the other two shops have been cannibalized for parts to keep the remaining two shops operational. From the oppressive work schedule and operational drama to corporate trying to squeeze juice out of raisins in running plants into the ground w/o needed investment, the whole scenario is off the page abusive. Our plant has lost FOUR good mechanics in less than a month is a good indicator what I'm saying is TRUE. AVOID OI at ALL costs.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about O-I Glass.