O'Keeffe & Company - Still here and going strong after 5 years - I've worked hard and have been recognized for it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for O'Keeffe & Company

"Still here and going strong after 5 years - I've worked hard and have been recognized for it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

I enjoy my job because of the people here and the challenging projects that cross my desk every day. I work hard and I feel that my manager and my teammates recognize that. If you put in the effort, you definitely get rewarded with promotions and bonuses.

Cons

It's definitely not 9-5. Like pretty much any agency, the schedule can be unpredictable and is largely based on clients' needs and deadlines. You'll need to plan to put in weekend time and then some.

Advice to Management

I'd like to receive a little more ad-hoc feedback, not limit the big discussions on performance for just during reviews

Other Employee Reviews for O'Keeffe & Company

"Great to get Experience, Miserable to Stay at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

lots of responsibility, great opportunities when you are new to the industry and trying to get experience. Young coworkers and fun atmosphere

Cons

Poor management; no focus on retention; no genuine care for employees; no clear communication; lack of communication; did I mention poor management?

Advice to Management

Start doing 360 reviews, especially for your managers. Invest in management and training for them. Make an effort to make employees feel like they are valued.

2. "Fast-paced Environment Ideal for Growth and Development"

I worked at O'Keeffe & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* No making copies or getting coffee - all levels of employees have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to client projects immediately
    * Ability to advance quickly - you put the work in, you gain responsibility
    * Work with the best and brightest in the industry
    * Projects are always varied and interesting - you'll never be bored
    * Great benefits package, neat location, and collaborative office environment

Cons

As with any agency, there are sometimes long hours when you have a deadline to meet, but your coworkers always make it enjoyable.