O'Reilly Auto Parts - been interesting with management i have had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

"been interesting with management i have had."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Specialist, Training Safety Coordinator in Cedar Falls, IA

Pros

I know my parts and love to help others out.

Cons

Pay leaves a lot to be desired. As I started at the DC and moved to store level and pay is better at DC then the store. Think it would be nice to get cost of living increase like they do for the warehouses. As when i went to the store i took a 6$ a hour pay cut and only made $1.24 since i came to store level over 7 years ago. I have a lot more responsibility as i was in management at the warehouse for awhile.

Advice to Management

If it wasn't for the stores we would not need as many warehouses so lets get as pay increases.

Other Employee Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

1. "Good place to work, but horrible about pay raises."

Current Employee - Retail Service Specialist in Pullman, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Service Specialist in Pullman, WA

Pros

Helping people, and employee discounts

Cons

Too much paperwork, little to no chance for raise in pay unless you move into management

Advice to Management

Raise pay, quit micromanaging, get rid of all former CSK procedures and run the stores like the ones on the east coast of the Mississippi river.

2. "My Experience has been wonderful, I have had room to grow and learn."

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Lacey, WA
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Lacey, WA

Pros

To Learn more about parts and new spec's that come out for the newer vehicles.
    To meet interesting and nice people.
    To learn how to deal with the public, when they are either great or terrible!
    To learn management skills and meet personal goals for growth.
    If you are motivated and a hard worker O'Reilly's will praise you for your hard work, You won't see unworthy employees getting raises for "time in". Instead you'll see pay raises for the hard work, dedication and responsibilities that are given, and aptly deserved!

Cons

If you want a management position and are good at backroom stuff, your sales will suffer and you won't move forward, the sales are what get you up faster.

Advice to Management

Create a team night once a month to meet at the store and do a formal meeting to go over whats wrong, and action plan to fix it, and establishing a reward system for good behavior, non-theft, and hard work.