O'Reilly Auto Parts - A very good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

"A very good place to work."

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS
Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS

Pros

Great Benefits... Great people to work with.

Cons

Partime employees doesn't get sick or personal days off. They get vacation but not the others. Would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would offer part time employees some personal or sick days. Maybe not as many as fulltime.

Other Employee Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

"Too Old School"

Current Employee - Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Springfield, MO

Pros

The job security there is good becuase they never fire anyone. And the benefits are okay, excluding vacation time.

Cons

It isn't a place to work if you have a college eduction. All promotions are given out based on who has been there the longest, and they don't value things like a formal education. Salary is not competiitive and vacation time is a joke. Salaried employees get one week of vacation for their first two years of employment.

Advice to Management

Look for talent in younger employees, not just people who have been there the longest. Also, be more flexible with vacation time and employee time off.

"My experience has had its up and downs but overall it is a great place to work my manager is the best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Pros

Some of the best things about working at O'Reilly Auto Parts is the people you work with and the customers you see or talk to everyday. We sell top of the line parts and have employees that know about cars and car parts and will go the extra mile to help out a customer when able. There are lots of opportunities to learn more and to advance in the company.

Cons

On the downside and I don't know if it is like this in all districts or stores but there is alot of the who you know and who you are friends with to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

I know there is alot for the managers to take care of paperwork, customers, inventory just to name a few things but the one thing they forget about is the employees. We do our jobs and alot of us do more than we are asked or that is expected of us once in awhile it would be nice if you would give a pat on the back to those who deserve it.