ODC - An amazing group of people to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ODC

"An amazing group of people to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ODC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great community
Great Benefits
Well kept facilities

Cons

Do not expect a pay raise yearly

Advice to Management

Think about giving those who have worked for the company for a few years a raise. Even if they hold an entry level position.

Other Employee Reviews for ODC

"Don't volunteer for too long. Unpaid experience is not often considered valid experience."

Former Intern - Volunteer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Volunteer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ODC as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As a volunteer you get access to events you otherwise might not have been able to afford. For each hour you work you get one dance class at ODC. The space is beautiful, has a great creative vibe and made it possible for me to meet some very kind creative people. If this is all you're looking for, then go for it. If you're trying to jump start your career, this path may not be so fruitful.

Cons

Trying to get into the company through volunteering will likely not work. You'll notice a lot of the same volunteers working events over and over again. Because so many are willing to work for free they do not create entry level positions for Events, Marketing, Production, etc. All of those potential positions are filled by volunteers and unpaid interns.

Working Front Desk isn't the best either. I believe you're offered similar benefits but with pay. However, the work hours are very irregular, change often and if you don't own a car you may be walking to the bart station, alone after 11 pm in the Mission District. I later found out they seem to hire through an agency. I believe it is AppleOne because of all the AppleOne paraphernalia I noticed in the offices while volunteering. So get yourself experience elsewhere until you're at a mid-level position and register with AppleOne to get in.

Advice to Management

Discontinue unpaid internships unless it is strictly for school credit. People are growing intolerant of them and suing.