OLG - Awesome | Glassdoor

"Awesome"

I have been working at OLG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good money, great money, awesome money

Cons

Terrible Hours, could be better.

Other Employee Reviews for OLG

1. "Server"

Former Contractor - Server in Sarnia, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Server in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

I worked at OLG as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved working for OLG. Great Salary for servers, great summer program for students, amazing management. Everyone is treated like an equal. OLG has an amazing training program(Fun and Effective!). The interview process was easy and was a simple two person panel interview. HR were very nice as well. They make sure customer service is number one in the restaurant and take health and safety seriously(unlike some companies I have worked for). This was the Best summer job I ever had.

Cons

The main con about working at OLG is the late night Shifts. It is very hard to get used to working til 2am/3am/4am. Also getting time off is very hard...but that was not a main issue for me because I was only there for the summer(so this could be an issue for work-life balance). If you have never worked at a casino before, getting your alcohol and gaming licence can be a bit of a hassle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great HR !! Hire more summer students.

2. "Government agency in the Casino business"

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at OLG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pensions with typically good working conditions. Pay was very reasonable given that this is basically part of the government. Was a good environment to learn and develop. For some a very steady,if not exciting, regular job.

Cons

Cyclical budget mentality tied to the governments demands with at times a severe lack of decision making or product knowledge at senior levels. Not a place to work if you value getting things done.

Advice to Management

None really, as this is a government agency by a different name and that brings a certain mentality and work ethic.