ON Search Partners - Great at self-promotion to clients, lousy at living those values with employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ON Search Partners

"Great at self-promotion to clients, lousy at living those values with employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Some of the consultants have been in the industry for years, and came from competitors in which extremely long hours were the norm. So, they understand the requirements to succeed in the business.

Cons

Partners may all carry the same business card but are essentially a group of individual consultants, each with completely different styles. Some partners have solid values, others I would not introduce to even my enemies. Work-life balance is not to be used for the most part. Booking searches strictly for the revenue is rewarded above all else.

Advice to Management

What goes around eventually comes back around.

Other Employee Reviews for ON Search Partners

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a competitor, I already knew what kind of challenges the nature of executive search entails. The culture at OnSearch really fosters a healthy environment to best deal with the daily struggles of search work. The Partners are willing to help, and there is an overall strong sense of respect among all employees. You are meant to feel like an important part of the company, and not just another employee.

Cons

The work itself is tough. Being a smaller firm, there isn't access to all of the resources and databases that you might find in a larger firm. Communication is key. You have to speak up if you feel you need any help.

2. "You work hard, but lean a ton!"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ON Search Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a ton about business models, structures of companies, funding, investment, etc. Learned to be more consultative to clients and candidates. Don't view myself as 'just a recruiter." Culture is one of accountability. If you want to succeed here, you can, but if laid back, not the place for you. Learned about time management, how to manage poeple, how to finish, even when projects are tough. The partners I work with 'care'....want me to succeed. Partners are young, aggressive and very successful. This is motivating. ,

Cons

Some days are good, some are tough. Some projects go well, some do not. There are highs and lows in this business, must learn to manage and press on. In the early part of my training, long hours, many things to learn....this got better as time progressed.

Advice to Management

For me, the culture motivates. I see success in front of me. Continue to invest in employee training.