ON24, Inc. - Flexible Work, Mediocre Leadership | Glassdoor

"Flexible Work, Mediocre Leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible hours, you got work from home occasionally, you could call in for stand up meetings, very good benefits, they take care of my H-1B and green card processing very well (I respect them for this), good office location (downtown SF). Salary is decent.

Cons

Old technology and process management, the product is using outdated JavaScript framework from 4 years ago, and there is little effort to change or improve it. Coding standard is very loose, no review, no testing automation, no testing methodology whatsoever -- developer has to be responsible for every single variation of device and browser. QA and product is more interested in getting mediocre product to multiple device...

Advice to Management

Provide a formal training about the business and product to the engineer so they can understand the bigger picture. Include them in the product discussion. Create a culture of peer review (of design and coding), it will be well worth it, people will have more ownership and support for each other that they won't fail easily on their own. Upgrade your technology stack.

ON24, Inc.2016-10-30
  1. "On-Boarding Made Easy"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

I knew I made the right decision to make the move to On24, but the on-boarding process has really given me a sense of confidence that I made the right decision. From my first day, there have been clear and concise guidelines and expectations. Everyone has been extremely helpful and approachable, and the new hire training is very thorough.

Cons

The office could be larger.

ON24, Inc.2019-06-24
  2. "SDR"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The sales culture was really nice. I would say everyone was really friendly with one another. Everyone is really nice. I never felt any toxicity with the culture at ON24. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and coming to work everyday felt like being around friends. They also do care about internal growth / promotion from within. Great work / life balance.

Cons

They really need to work on their benefits and perks. Not comparative within the industry. They do not offer any parental leave outside what is required by the state. They only offer catered lunch 3 days a month, and food is expensive in the financial district. Pre-tax commuter benefits but no reimbursement.

Advice to Management

My management was the best. The best manager I ever had was my SDR Manager.

ON24, Inc.2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about ON24, Inc..