OTR Global - Legitimate employer, work from home | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OTR Global

"Legitimate employer, work from home"

Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM
Former Employee - Senior Reporter in Roswell, NM

I worked at OTR Global part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home is awesome. Pay was good, but used to be a lot better. Mostly great co-workers. Training was with a mentor, and mine was excellent.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get assignments. I had no trouble as long as my editor loved me. But a new editor had another favorite and my ability to get assignments dropped significantly. Very difficult to get past my editor to another layer of management in order to remedy the problem. I was laid off due to cost cutting, but I got a decent severance package after 10 years of employment.

Advice to Management

Recognize how easy it is for Editors or Senior Reporters to pass blame down when it is really their own responsibility. If someone is always making excuses, maybe the problem is them, not the scapegoats they pick. And if someone has a long track record, but suddenly is getting bad feedback, consider the source of the feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for OTR Global

1. "Flexible but limited"

Former Contractor - Senior Reporter in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Senior Reporter in London, England (UK)

I worked at OTR Global as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's very flexible and it can be interesting work. It's possible to have a very good work life balance with OTR.

Cons

There is a limited career path. There is nowhere really to go in this company, and there are few full time positions.

Advice to Management

Management needs to find new income streams and to find ways of using the skills of its existing workforce so that they feel included in the company's goals and ambitions.

2. "company review"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Pros

Good atmosphere working there is fun

Cons

nothing i find everything good

Advice to Management

i hope you maintain same friendly atmosphere