Oakley - Oakley Sales Associate | Glassdoor

"Oakley Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Oakley part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, brand is awesome, young crew

Cons

It is hard to move up.

Advice to Management

hire more people who are driven by the brand

Other Employee Reviews for Oakley

1. "Everything in the world can and always will be made better."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Farmington, CT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Farmington, CT

I worked at Oakley full-time

Pros

Humble, authentic, performance obsessed, passionate and innovative.

Cons

Pay not competitive enough and too many changes happening at once.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Company is growing and it seems the changes that are being implemented are good ones. I think the company could do better as far as salaries go and that goes for all positions. Overall really fun company to work for.

2. "Great Company but Little Focus on Front Line (Retail)"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Oakley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts are fantastic, company growth, laid back atmosphere. Besides pay, Oakley takes care of their employees. Allotment for clothing every quarter doesn't suck at all, neither does the steep discount on glasses. All they ask is to where an Oakley shirt. Dress code is extremely lax.

Challenging work atmosphere but beneficial with that big sale. Having customers return to see you on such a long repurchase item is rewarding.

Cons

The pay for their retail associates is horrid. Evaluations for a raise can only be done once a year and are extremely minimal. Chance at making commission, yes, but usually not an amount worth bragging about. If you don't make the monthly numbers, you just worked your ass off for minimum pay and no commission.

Opportunity to advance is limited. Outside hires with no experience beat out knowledgeable employees with experience.

The learning curve can be steep for some. There is a lot to know about glasses and the lens types.

The most obvious con is having to work retail. Watch out for the group of foreigners to come in and trash your T-shirt table that just took an hour to organize!

Advice to Management

Change the commission plan, you'll reduce your employee turnover with better pay. If I knew I was getting even 1% guaranteed commission on all my sales, you bet your ass I'm going to work to sell more. If month isn't going to be made, I won't even try to sell anymore.

Luxottica needs to give more power back to Oakley HQ. We're becoming just like all the other brands they own. We have always been known to be different, so let us be different! All this made in China isn't cutting it and our customers are taking notice.