Oakwood Worldwide - Working at Oakwood Worldwide | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oakwood Worldwide

"Working at Oakwood Worldwide"

Pros

A lot of genuinely nice people work at Oakwood. Original founder continues with a legacy at the company which gives it character and people care about their jobs and the company.

Cons

Old school, not tech savvy at all, few smart leaders, no innovation or ways to reward employees so they lack quality, intelligent talent. Very political as many people have lifelong careers at the company so it really matters who likes you, not how good the candidates are which is unfortunate.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries, find more experienced managers and leaders especially in marketing, flexible work options that are fair and competitive with other industries to attract solid talent. Bring your dog to work days. Etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Oakwood Worldwide

"It was an interesting adventure, lots of ups and lots of downs."

I worked at Oakwood Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for Oakwood for almost 10 years in varying roles. Longest position I had was as a National Account Coordinator for 7 years. I truly loved working at Oakwood minus my final year. I learned a great deal during my tenure. Met some amazing people who's teachings I will take with me for the rest of my career. The training program is excellent. Corporate Housing is a difficult business and there are a lot of moving parts. The business model is set up for success. Or was at one time.

I was truly passionate about the work I did and believed in the product and the people.

Cons

During the past year (2012) the company completely changed directions with little to no communication. A new company was acquired and it seemed as though the company changed overnight. Which is to be expected, however, the lack of communication is key. Prior to my job being eliminated (which was a mind blowing by both myself, upper management and clients), the communication disappeared, I received little to no support from my own manager much less District and Regional Managers. The most frustrating part was there was no communication! I was continuously being told "It is what it is". Clients suffered as well. After years of expecting the level of service that they deserved, they were told as well "It is what it is". Unbelievable.

Also, as a long term employee my voice was no longer heard. Upper management has never been in the shoes of the field associates yet they were making decisions that made no business sense nor would they accept any type of suggestions from those that were the voice of the customer. The final year was very frustrating. My lay off was a blessing in disguise.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE!

Listen to your employees. It's their company too.

2. "Good experience"

Pros

Great people, fun atmosphere, lots of training

Cons

Lots of changes raking place