Occasions Caterers - Assistant Account Manager | Glassdoor

"Assistant Account Manager"

I worked at Occasions Caterers full-time

Pros

Having the opportunity to work at beautiful venues and museums that I would never have gotten the opportunity to otherwise.

Cons

I have never worked in a more abusive environment. If you work at Occasions you will be blamed for others mistakes and chastised for them. You will not be properly trained, so you are being set up to fail from the beginning. The management will bring you on during busy season for the extra help and then let you go after watching you drown. I would not suggest anyone working here unless you would like to but... yourself through the emotional stress of constantly being afraid that your manager is going to yell at you. This is not a collaborative environment, everyone keeps their head down and no one helps anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat the assistance with some respect. They are doing all of the work while you smile for the client.

Occasions Caterers2015-11-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Perfect part time work that set me up for success"

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Occasions Caterers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Trained me to be versatile within the team. Gave me more hours and a raise after good reviews and reliability. Flexible schedule. Supportive group of hard workers. Friendly teammates.

Cons

There can be long hours (but that means more $). Shifts are always in different locations.

Advice to Management

Continue to be the 'nice caterer'. Continue to cultivate the caring and diverse team you bring to the table. Continue to strive to be the best in service and in cuisine.

Occasions Caterers2019-08-29
  2. "Hard work"

Current Employee - Cleaner in Washington, DC

I have been working at Occasions Caterers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours good food free lunch

Cons

Long days short breaks only two restrooms

Occasions Caterers2018-08-29

Discover more reviews about Occasions Caterers.