Ocean Spray - Ocean Spray | Glassdoor

"Ocean Spray"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The compensation is good and the vacation benefits are really good. Personal growth in the company seems to be on the rise. I have felt that I would never get the chance to advance with the company until of late. In the last 6 months they have really grown in this area.

Cons

I feel that communication has some room for improvement. I feel like some times things are kept from us until last minute and then everyone is up in arms.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Spray

"Tough times ahead."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. For the most part, employees are hard working and want the company to succeed. Pay and bonus structure is good.

Cons

Time for a change in management. Doing the same thing over and over is not a recipe for success. Senior leadership needs to be held responsible for recent failures. Time to right the ship before the water gets too deep. How about Innovation? Has a long and sordid rate of failure for almost all new products in the last five years. Failure after failure. How long can that really continue without serious repercussions?

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. Most are dedicated and want to do a good job. Put your egos aside as they are truly hurting the ability of the company to get out of this rut.

"Heavily biased against women in terms of ideas and does not promote women from within; barely has any women in Sales"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively small company so can be flexible

Cons

Not family oriented towards employees; may be why there are very few women in Sales. Job requirements for travel, hours on conference calls, meetings etc. go way beyond typical working hours. Since there's an overwhelming majority of white males on the Sales division, women's opinions and concerns are drowned out. Also allows political and religious views to come into play in meetings and conference calls.

Advice to Management

Make a genuine effort to hire a diverse workforce, particularly in Sales so that a free flow of creative ideas come forth, instead of the typical ideas that come from a homogeneous workforce and management team.