Ocean Spray - A great company of dedicated people who really pull together to get the job done on time and on cost. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Spray

"A great company of dedicated people who really pull together to get the job done on time and on cost."

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time

Pros

The people, the culture of getting it done together, the way they make everything work. What a beautiful work environment, nothing like it I have ever seen. They are really an amazing group, and a nice and very effective group of dedicated professionals.

Feel very very luck if you have the opportunity to work at Ocean Spray. Certain areas have excellent engagement throughout their departments, and outstanding performance and morale - others less so, although they are working on this aspect of the organizational structure. Major focus on diversity throughout the company, work life balance and communication.

You can make a difference at Ocean Spray, but you will have to be loaded with energy, positive behavior, and dedication to make the team win together. They do not accept finger pointing or negative attacks, but rather expect to learn and improve - they retain a large number of employees for decades. They demand a can do and get it done attitude across the board.

A brand name you can be very proud of, built by grower owners, and hard working professionals with a great deal of pride.

Cons

A tough business model considering the ever present demands of being a cooperative - promising a profit level to grower owners and having to meet the profit marks, in spite of marketplace changes in sales, materials, energy, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Spray

"Ocean Spray"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The compensation is good and the vacation benefits are really good. Personal growth in the company seems to be on the rise. I have felt that I would never get the chance to advance with the company until of late. In the last 6 months they have really grown in this area.

Cons

I feel that communication has some room for improvement. I feel like some times things are kept from us until last minute and then everyone is up in arms.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Tough times ahead."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. For the most part, employees are hard working and want the company to succeed. Pay and bonus structure is good.

Cons

Time for a change in management. Doing the same thing over and over is not a recipe for success. Senior leadership needs to be held responsible for recent failures. Time to right the ship before the water gets too deep. How about Innovation? Has a long and sordid rate of failure for almost all new products in the last five years. Failure after failure. How long can that really continue without serious repercussions?

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. Most are dedicated and want to do a good job. Put your egos aside as they are truly hurting the ability of the company to get out of this rut.