Ocean Spray - Overall Approve | Glassdoor

"Overall Approve"

Current Employee - Manager in Kenosha, WI
Current Employee - Manager in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time

Pros

Good Benefits and work life balance. They are very flexible with employees adapt to each persons situation.

Cons

Very bureaucratic and sometimes hard to get things done due to all the red tape involved. They are open to new ideas, but it takes a long time to get them to come around.

Advice to Management

Develop the bench strength of the company. There are major gaps if key people leave. They look to promote within first, but sometimes that is not the best way as new people have new ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Spray

"A great company of dedicated people who really pull together to get the job done on time and on cost."

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time

Pros

The people, the culture of getting it done together, the way they make everything work. What a beautiful work environment, nothing like it I have ever seen. They are really an amazing group, and a nice and very effective group of dedicated professionals.

Feel very very luck if you have the opportunity to work at Ocean Spray. Certain areas have excellent engagement throughout their departments, and outstanding performance and morale - others less so, although they are working on this aspect of the organizational structure. Major focus on diversity throughout the company, work life balance and communication.

You can make a difference at Ocean Spray, but you will have to be loaded with energy, positive behavior, and dedication to make the team win together. They do not accept finger pointing or negative attacks, but rather expect to learn and improve - they retain a large number of employees for decades. They demand a can do and get it done attitude across the board.

A brand name you can be very proud of, built by grower owners, and hard working professionals with a great deal of pride.

Cons

A tough business model considering the ever present demands of being a cooperative - promising a profit level to grower owners and having to meet the profit marks, in spite of marketplace changes in sales, materials, energy, etc.

"Ocean Spray"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The compensation is good and the vacation benefits are really good. Personal growth in the company seems to be on the rise. I have felt that I would never get the chance to advance with the company until of late. In the last 6 months they have really grown in this area.

Cons

I feel that communication has some room for improvement. I feel like some times things are kept from us until last minute and then everyone is up in arms.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.