Ocean Tomo - When the Going Was Good, It Was Great | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Tomo

"When the Going Was Good, It Was Great"

Pros

A company with a number of strong quality professionals. A great place to work if you are interested in chasing the next big thing or being the most innovative company out there. When the company was thriving, the environment was fun and upbeat.

Cons

Management seems to base business projections on best case scenario. Management slow to react and accept the changing economic environment. Empty promises made to employees about the future of certain business units. Promotions awarded based on questionable reasons.

Advice to Management

Seriously consider the viability of the company's goals and how realistic those goals are in the current market environment. Be straightforward with employees about business profitability.

Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Tomo

"Analysts/entry-level job candidates, stay clear of Ocean Tomo"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

High expectations for quality of work product.

Cons

Long hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, negative environment, limited training and team collaboration, endless hours performing "mindless" work (example: searching for specific information from boxes and boxes of documents), limited engagement, very isolated environment.

Advice to Management

The company may advertise family values (listed below), but its senior managers should act more to demonstrate these values on an every-day basis.

"We value quality, integrity and honesty.

Ocean Tomo is a united family - we work together to help each other.

We are responsible to our investors, our management partners and employees, and ourselves. We do not stray from our investment thesis or our values.

Every activity in which we participate should yield a return through goodwill or new direct or indirect opportunities.

We are respectful of the firm's heritage to which we are custodian - every person we meet should be impressed by our professionalism and values.

Criticism must be constructive; family criticism must be private.

Time is our most valued commodity - any potential client we meet or transaction we consider should be of high quality and relevant to our Mission and investment thesis.

Under-promise and over-deliver; aim high but don't overstate.

We work hard in a smart and efficient way remembering the importance of balance in our life.

Our effort is 110% - anticipate your expected contribution and then outperform."

2. "Great place to start career"

I have been working at Ocean Tomo full-time

Pros

High profile clients, good opportunities to move up, managers who really care about you, smart coworkers, great compensation, nice office spaces

Cons

No 401k match, sometimes clients have unexpected needs (but that dynamic exists in every industry)

Advice to Management

Keep developing junior staff