Ocean Tomo - Very good company | Glassdoor

"Very good company"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Excellent company to learn and grow with. My coworkers are great, probably the best anywhere. I have made many friends here at all levels of the company. We work on both "tried and true" things and cutting-edge ideas. Overall, a great place.

Cons

Most benefits are good (health plan and vacation are great), but the company does not match 401k contributions. I thought everyone did that.

Advice to Management

A week ago I would have said to do something fun for the summer, and then on Friday they announced that we would have a free ice cream cart in the office every Friday this summer. So someone is thinking ahead!

Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Tomo

1. "Very good place to work, learn, and make friends."

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great culture and people. Less like an impersonal business and more like a family working together. They constantly provided me opportunities. I learned a ton while I was there (left to go into a completely different line of work). Good mix of "regular" and "new" projects. Sometimes the hours were long but at least we were all working together.

Cons

They do not match 401k contributions and dental plan is below average. Other than that, things were great for a long time. Unfortunately, early this year things got a bit rough because of the economy and the "non team players" at the company began grumble and cause trouble. Once they left everything was good again though.

Advice to Management

I think the best advice I could give would be to tighten recruiting standards so no more "non team players" get back into the firm. A few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel.

2. "Director at Ocean Tomo"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

Pros

The company has several nice, intelligent, hard-working employees. Work product is thorough and accurate. The company encourages a very innovative culture.

Cons

The hours can be demanding, as some projects can require late nights and weekends. The company has a very small, familial culture and some employees have not enjoyed similar successes and/or opportunities as those who have been around longer.

Advice to Management

None.