Ochsner Health System - Why I love working at Ochsner | Glassdoor

"Why I love working at Ochsner"

Current Employee - RN Nurse Supervisor in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ochsner Health System full-time

Pros

There are multiple multiple ways of getting and staying engaged. Your opinion really counts. The A team rounds on us and no matter your location you will meet or we or be able to talk to members of the A team. Your voice and opinions matter! Your growth and level of exposure to education and opportunities are endless. Every day is a different day at work and even though I’m not a morning person, I look forward to... coming to work. I love our Providers, my team and my coworkers. If you are looking for s great place to work. Look no further. You have found us!

Cons

So many options, educational opportunities, I don’t know if I could ever access them all

Advice to Management

Thank you for hearing us. It means so much!

Ochsner Health System2019-01-15
  1. "Ochsner Medical Center"

Current Employee - Director in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ochsner Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ochsner's priorities are our patients and our teams. Without them we would not have the ability to do the amazing work we do every day.

Cons

It is a large system, but once you have established long lasting relationships one realizes it is not a con, but a pro.

Ochsner Health System2019-11-19

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - HIM Specialist in Harahan, LA

I worked at Ochsner Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They offer many training courses, tuition reimbursement, and various discounts

Cons

Low pay, they low ball you. If you are not apart of the "clique" you will never advance and that's in many departments. If you upset the wrong person they will prevent you from transferring to another department, the raises are a JOKE so get what you want walking through the door, if not you will be disappointed when it's time for your annual increase...they literally throw pennies at you. With all the properties, ... expansions & partnerships that Ochsner is doing you'd think they would invest in their people? WRONG!!

Advice to Management

Be fair!! Be flexible, encourage growth & advancement in the current employees. Be understanding and award those deserving of it. Management have the power to give employees more than 4% increase STOP lying to employees saying you can't, you're only trying to protect your annual BONUS and that's selfish! There are many good employees working at Ochsner that deserves way more than a measley 4% give them what... they are worth.

Ochsner Health System2019-11-27

Discover more reviews about Ochsner Health System.