Office Depot - Good opportunity, but it takes many years to advance due to the size of the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

"Good opportunity, but it takes many years to advance due to the size of the company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Nice new corporate office building. Many employees (over 1,600) at corporate office. Friendly professional environment. Nice cafeteria area. Opportunity for growth, and a place to gain experience.

Cons

Very very corporate atmosphere. Cubicles resemble a call center for all employees below Director level. Due to economy there are limited bonuses or incentives. No free coffee.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get rid of the overpaid employees in positions that they are not qualified for. Provide more training opportunities for other than senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

"Perform and you will advance"

Current Employee - Major Account Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Lots of guidance and a culture that isn't cut throat. Perform and you will advance.

Cons

Doesn't have the best reputation. Are office supples a doomed industry?

Advice to Management

Forget the focus on the stores, focus on helping win large accounts. Continue with the green.

2. "I am a Sales Associate mainly in the technology department, this is your basic minimum wage job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, IL

Pros

Schedule flexability, employee discount, mostly really nice people work there, and you can learn a lot about products if you want to. There are medical benifits if you work atleast 21 hours a week.

Cons

This is a minimum wage job so you start out at $8.25 an hour (true for atleast 2010, and 2011). Each year depending on your proformance you can recive an annual raise up to $.25. I am now making $8.50 an hour. This is not a living wage, and there is not really a way to be full time unless you are a manager. They push sales, and I feel we should be paid more for all the manual labor. Closing the store can keep you late. The location I work at closes at 9pm, and we can leave any time from 9:15 to 10pm. If there is a supervisor visit the next day we can stay as late as 12:30pm at night.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that we are being paid minimum wage for our services. Many of use give it our all, and are working here to make ends meat.