Office Depot - Shaky at times, but all in all a wonderful place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

"Shaky at times, but all in all a wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Marble Falls, TX
Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Marble Falls, TX

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you have a good team (as every store in our area does) you make a lot of customers happy and make a lot of employees happy. Seeing a happy customer walk out of the door because you were able to assist them is a wonderful feeling, and the commission you can make from doing just that is definitely nothing to sneer at.
The concept of the ISCE program, with proper execution, is amazing.

Cons

Working with the new ISCE program can be challenging, as it does seem to be aimed at high-customer volume locations, which our little store is not. However, having a good management team that realizes what does and doesn't work in your store does wonders for this issue.

Advice to Management

Take a little closer look at which stores benefit from which parts of the ISCE program.

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

"The company is getting a bit desperate."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly nice coworkers
    Great first job
    Provides networking opportunity

Cons

The ICE program
    Emphasis on customer service to the point that customers get annoyed, and I can't get work done.
    Lacking in necessary technical equipment
    Little for advancement.

Advice to Management

Such fanatical customer service is not helpful, it is annoying. You're going to push away more customers than you keep, and lose your best employees if you stay the course.

2. "Overall one of the best jobs I've had"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Elizabethtown, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Elizabethtown, KY

I worked at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is extremely easy, the employees and managers were all extremely laid back, pretty fun on most days, flexible schedule, closes early on major holidays. The store never got many customers either, so most of the time there was nothing to do, but I personally see that as a pro since I personally didn't mind getting paid to stand around.

Cons

The only bad thing was that they started this new program, where you basically have to harass every customer that walks through the door and then announce over the radio to your fellow co-workers why that customer was shopping there and what they were looking for. That got pretty annoying quick, especially since it caused us to have more angry customers than before. Also people called in a lot because they knew management wouldn't do anything about it, that was the only downside to management trying to be everyone's friend, sometimes you just have to be the boss.