Office Depot - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Pros

Lots of room to advance, lots to learn for use in the future, great people to work for

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

1. "Definition of Corporate"

Former Contractor - Project Manager
    Former Contractor - Project Manager

I worked at Office Depot as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

?? Its a job. You can pay sit in nice office furniture and have nice pens.

Cons

they hire and fire quickly, its very very cut throat and people turn there back.

2. "Overall a great place to work, with a few minor gripes"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I

I worked at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers were friendly and accommodating to my schedule, great team of coworkers who seemed to all get along with one another, lots of useful experiencing dealing with people and selling all kinds of products, met interesting new people every day, decent work environment.

Cons

Little room for advancement in the store, dealing with impatient and/or downright obnoxious customers, store frequently understaffed, some elements of the ISCE program, hourly cutbacks, pay could be a bit better for all of the work being done.

Advice to Management

Was employed at a busy Office Depot store in the Southeast for a little less than a year. Looking back, I definitely learned a lot and enjoyed most of the things about my tenure there (see Pros), though there were a couple frustrating issues like frequent staff shortages, which would leave literally no cashiers and the floor associates would be forced into juggling both tasks at once. I thought the ISCE program made sense in theory, but did not think it was necessary to constantly follow-up with customers and ask if they needed any more assistance. The pay could have been a little better too considering how much work you really end up doing, but at least I had a job.

Fortunately though, there were very few other issues I had with working there. Overall I would recommend Office Depot if you're looking to work with a great team and gain a lot of experience.