Office Depot - Your experience will depend on local and regional management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

"Your experience will depend on local and regional management."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job you can get with a heartbeat. My peers have been pretty cool. It's great practice in customer service.

Cons

They overload you with rules, guidelines, scripts, instructions, etc. This limits your ability to be innovative. If your managers are not good you will be miserable.

Advice to Management

To corporate: Less rules or clearer rules. To local: motivate us with a more positive outlook.

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

1. "I was assigned to forklift duty but they made me do manual labor for two weeks and it ended up in a lumbar strain."

Current Employee - Forklift Driver/Dockworker Temp in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Forklift Driver/Dockworker Temp in Houston, TX

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large companie with a public presence can offer some job security.Huge public presence!

Cons

They may ask for too much of you! They should'nt have forklift operators working along-side/with the general labor help.You are paid more and shouldn't be put in that type of situation.

Advice to Management

Don't overwork agents.!

2. "customer service rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, 15-25 hrs is standard for most hourly employee. Work is relatively easy in the evening time and the atmosphere is somewhat laidback

Cons

Very little benefit for part-time employee. advancement from within is somewhat obsolete. Unrealistic time goal for morning freight team. Also recently Office Depot has Lower the Wages for Hourly employee that the CO. thought was making TOO much money for their position, this left alot of employee that been with the Co. for more than two years to take less money per hour than what they was making before. Department manager is often Overwork 46hr to 50hr a week. Office Depot is heavy when it comes to micromanaging it manager and employee as well as the turn over rate....and Of course the Politics.....often time you have to be A YES \ comedian person to advance with no regards to skill and experience for the job.

Advice to Management

More communication to employee. Stop the micromanaging aspect of the business. Often time if you take care of your employee the end results will be that they will take care of you and the business. Open up the opportunity for advancement from within. Wages have to be more competitive, especially for your long term employee. Forward is the progress not backward .