Office Depot - Good to start, low hourly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

"Good to start, low hourly"

Current Employee - Copy Center Associate
Current Employee - Copy Center Associate

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, some good benefits

Cons

Pay for associates is low, all associates get roughly the same pay no matter what part of the store

Advice to Management

Pay parts of store different than others. (Floor associates different than cashiers, cashiers different from CPD, etc)

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

"Not a bad place"

Current Employee - Tech Associate
    Current Employee - Tech Associate

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, I personally have great managers and enjoy being around my coworkers. It's not a hard job to get "good" at, and everyone I've talked to feels that the job isn't too challenging. The hours are very flexible; I'm a student and management has been very helpful in making my schedule work with me.

Cons

Base pay is 8 dollars an hour, and I haven't seen any increase in the 5 months I've been there. Upper management(district managers) Is kind of big brothery, visiting regularly and trying to trip up associates with questions.

Advice to Management

Pay your associates what they deserve. Don't ask questions, then demean associates when they don't know the answer: show them

2. "A Rudderless Ship"

Pros

Easy schedule, pay is okay.

Cons

Poor District Management, poor training for store managers, no company focus.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field and see what is actually going on in your stores. I've only met my Regional Vice President twice in the entire time I've been with the company. There is no accountability at this company. District Management and Store Management are basically allowed to do whatever they want and that is in no way a good thing, since it allows some managers to literally do nothing.

Also, get back on making the customer the focus. The company claims that the customer is king, but in reality tasking matters more. Every time I see district in our stores during "Depot Time" their focus is on what tasks have not been done, there is only discussion on the customer experience if a store gets bad feedback and occasionally when numbers aren't where they need to be.

I'm not kidding when I say there is no leadership or focus here, company is in bad shape.