Office Depot - FLEXIBILITY, MAKING MONEY, TERRIBLE BENEFITS!! OVERALL GOOD PLACE TO WORK | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

"FLEXIBILITY, MAKING MONEY, TERRIBLE BENEFITS!! OVERALL GOOD PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Account Manager II in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Account Manager II in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Time in the day. It is very flexible hours. There have been times when I needed to do some personal things during the day but somehow I make those hours up. It makes me want to finish everything by the end of the day. It's also nice to be recognized when hard work is done.

Cons

goaling is off, benefits are terrible, excuses instead of work
I hate that we pay so much for our benefits and the only time that is helpful is if I break a leg or slip into a coma. Not to mention they took our sick pay from 6 weeks and put it down to one. If you have a baby, you get 5 days and 50% of your salary. Not to mention it doesn't seem fair that some people will work hard and when you rely on others to do their job to get your job done and they don't nothing is done about that. It is so hard to get fired from this job.

Advice to Management

fix the goaling, make it equal work for equal pay, we pay way too much for the insurance we have.

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

"overall, decent place to start a career in retail..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mid Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mid Florida, FL

Pros

decent opportunities for advancement, decent pay, overall not bad as far as retail is concerned. work is not difficult to complete if properly planned out. easy to obtain commissions on sales, even if bonuses are not easy to attain. if you have the right manager work/ life balance is decent (considering it is retail)

Cons

poor senior level management, poor decision making, communication from the top is not the best, not a lot of respect for lower levels of employees/ managers. bonuses range from very difficult/ nearly impossible to attain in good years vs impossible to attain in current economy. Not enough payroll hours to support stores.

Advice to Management

need new/ fresh ideas, not just recycling old/ current ideas that don't work.

2. "Odland=ODP Demise"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA

Pros

great to work with the people & consumers. As far as retail goes not really a bad work schedule. Commissions on PPP's & services.

Cons

sr level management does not care for employees!benefit cuts,salary caps,payroll reduction not ype of long term growth plan in place...'shoot from the hip" management practices. Constant conference calls to dissect the issues. Not adeqaute enough hours to execute task and sales intiatives handed down by corporate office. Canvassing door to door like a Kirby salesman. Poor advertising stratedigies operatintng the business as if it were a yard sale. Pulling of the vending machines to make you buy snacks from the store to boost sales, very poor inventory control & replenishment processes.

Advice to Management

look in the mirror & ask yourself are " Am I really proud of the job I have done?" Look at some of the major retailers and use their business models! be realistic in your expectations!